Because I couldn't find a wreath that I liked for my Apollo costume, I decided to make it myself. I picked up the following supplies at a local hobby store:
- Silk leaves (that you would use in a silk flower arrangement)
- Golden wire
- Gold spray paint
The headband that ended up working best had the letter "M" soldered to it (I figured that if it didn't work, Macey would like it). To make it work for my costume, I had to use my torch to remove the letter.
I cut the leaves into more manageable pieces, and attempted to connect them to the headband using the golden wire.
The gold wire turned out to be much too stiff to effectively wrap around the leaves and the headband, so I luckily found a much more malleable wire in my workbench. I wish I could tell you more about where I got it, why I had it, or what it was intended for, but I have no idea. It was just one of those things I saved at one point, and ended up being glad that I did.
It worked much better.
After the leaves were connected to my satisfaction, I painted the whole headband with a few coats of gold spray paint.
I was really happy with the result.
Post a Comment